google webmaster tool is free available service by google which helps website to get them in search results. Offered as a free service to anyone who owns a website.
You do not need to use GWT for your website to appear in search results, but it can offer you valuable information that can help with your marketing efforts.
How google webmaster tool can help monitor your website’s performance.
1. It verifies that Google can access the content on your website.
2.it make easy to submit new pages to appear in search result by crawling.
3.It helps you deliver and evaluate content that offers users a more visual experience.
4. You can maintain your website without disrupting its presence in search results.
“How Google search views your website” Google webmaster make you understand.
1. It tells you the most popular queries causing your website to appear in search results.
2. It tells you which queries are driving the most traffic.
3. You can see which websites are linking to yours.
4. You can evaluate how well your mobile website is performing for people searching on tablets and phones.
How to set-up webmaster in your website:
first you have to authorize yourself that you are the owner of the website by kinds of choices:
- Uploading an HTML file – Google gives you a file with a specific name that you have to upload to the root directory of your website. The file itself is blank. Its only purpose is to help prove that you have access to the website’s FTP server and can drop files where they need to go. Once the file goes into the root directory, just click on the “verify” button in GWT, and you will have access to data.
- Adding an HTML tag – You can also verify the website by adding a meta tag provided by Google that you can drop into the header of your homepage. Once this is in place, click on the “verify” button to view data. It’s important to note that sometimes homepage code can be challenging to find with certain content management system (CMS) themes, particularly WordPress. It is also possible that your code might disappear when you update your homepage, revoking your access to GWT data until the tag is replaced.
- Select the provider of your domain – Google gives you the option of selecting your domain name provider in a drop-down list. Click on your provider, and Google will walk you through the steps of verifying your website.
- Use Google Analytics – As the administrator of your website’s Google Analytics account, you can verify the website using asynchronous tracking code placed in the head of your homepage.
- Using Google Tag Manager – this is a tool that allows you to enter and manage all the tracking tags for your website, including GWT.
Once your account is set up and your website is verified, you will have access to plenty of actionable data that can help you optimize your website